Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mnemic - Passenger (2007)

01. Humanaut
02. In The Nothingness Black
03. Meaningless
04. Psykorgasm
05. Pigfuck
06. In Control
07. Electric I'd Hypocrisy
08. Stuck Here
09. What's Left
10. Shape Of The Formless
11. The Eye On Your Back




DOWNLOAD: http://filemonster.net/file/853/Passenger-.rar.html




INFO:
========
At last! After three years (this album is going to be released in February), MNEMIC release one more masterpiece. This time, its title is one small word and nothing weird like their debut album "Mechanical Spin Phenomena" (2003). So, after their first two successful albums, MNEMIC deliver one more album that shows how should "modern" Metal sound like! Enjoy...
MNEMIC (which stands for Mainly Neurotic Energy Modifying Instant Creation) is one of Denmark’s finest acts. Formed in 2002, they have up to now shared the stage with bands such as DARKANE, MYSTIC PROPHECY, DISBELIEF, MACHINE HEAD and DEATH ANGEL. This is their third full-length album (all three albums have been released through Nuclear Blast) and their first one with their new singer Guillaume Bideau.
MNEMIC’s music is a bit hard to categorize and since I hate stupid tags I won’t even bother trying to name what they play, I will just try to describe it. The members themselves have described their music as "future fusion metal". I don’t want to say if I agree or disagree with this name. I will just speak about my opinion on this band. First of all, whoever has listened to some stuff this band has released will find some similarities with the gods (hell yeah, I mean FEAR FACTORY)! Modern Metal enriched with some electro stuff that even though it is based on the Nu Metal/Hardcore/Metalcore scene, it also manages to avoid the "classic" shit and move its sound a step further every fucking time these guys release an album! MNEMIC is one of the few bands - that were formed after 2000 - that have made such a huge impact on me as a listener. "Passenger" is conceptually based upon the philosophy of existentialism. I guess I was right when I said that the best name for their music is "psychotic"! Anyway, even if this band sounds modern, they are definitely a heavy band that kicks major ass and can prove that anytime, in the studio or on stage! The only thing that’s for sure is that their music is modern (some may even call it fashionable), they belong to Nuclear Blast and have up to now been promoted well. I don’t want to sound "too much", but MNEMIC definitely rule the "modern" Metal scene! At least until MACHINE HEAD release their new album!
All in all, "Passenger" is an album that is worth every single penny you will spend to obtain it. Don’t tell me you want me to comment on the production! You’ve got to be kidding! The production kills! A bit weaker than "Mechanical Spin Phenomena" (2003), in my opinion, but still a fucking heavy album! Go get it right now!

No comments: